- Never look at the sun directly, especially between 7 am in the morning and 4 pm in the evening. If you will be outside during this time or driving, be sure to shield your eyes in some manner.
- While going outdoors during the summer, protect your eyes using sunglasses. Sunglasses are the best protection that you can give your eyes when you go out in the sun. The sun beats down ultraviolet and other harmful radiation. Your eyes need protection from this radiation because they can cause serious damage to your eyes if they are directly exposed to them.
- Do not work continuously on your computer for more than half an hour. This in fact is a very relative concept because some people tire faster than others when working on the computer. Computer screens emit radiation, so the less time in front of the computer, the better.
- If you feel that your eyes are under strain, take a break. The best relaxation for your eyes is staring at a distant object or just keeping them closed. Your eyes will give you signs when they are under strain. You will find that you are getting tired sooner, your eyes may start to water, or you might notice that you have to squint your eyes in order to get a better view.
- Never watch television while lying down. The best position to watch television is sitting and your eyes should preferably be at the level of the television screen.
- Do not sit too close to your television set. Take care to sit a considerable distance from the screen. It is easier for your eyes to focus on the images that flash across your TV screen. It is also less harmful for your eyes. The ideal distance from your TV set is around five feet or more.
- Try to blink deliberately while working on the computer. When you work on the computer there is an increased tendency to stare unblinkingly at the monitor. This is especially true if you are playing an exciting game. In such cases you should make a conscious effort to blink your eyes.
- Breathing exercises help you breathe better and release the toxins in your brain. The human body takes in a lot of toxic substances, both through the air and through food and drink. Apart from this, various toxins are also released in the body because of the various processes that are going on. These toxins must be released on a continuous basis or else they will accumulate in the body with serious results.
- Use a pillow that is not too thick to rest your head. If the pillow that you are using is too thick, you will be straining your neck muscles when you are asleep. If the neck muscles are tweaked for too long, they will become stiff, and this often precipitates as a headache.
- Find out if you have any allergies. Allergies can cause headaches. Some of us are allergic to specific substances and these substances can trigger off a headache. It may be certain odors, or it might be a certain flavor. Each time you get a headache just try and find out what triggered it.
"This article contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something Phillips Pharmacy may earn a commission at no extra cost to you."
The Migraine and Headache Program Migraine and headache agony? Pounding head pain? Migraines need never happen! The missing link – specialists now realize they’d known the migraine remedy all along! Finally, somebody has put the pieces together – and my 10-year migraine agony is over – no drugs, treatments, or any costly procedures
The Home Doctor - Practical Medicine for Every Household - is a 304-page doctor written and approved guide on how to manage most health situations when help is not on the way.
Medicinal Garden Kit - The Most Important Thing That's Probably Missing From Your Backyard. Get the seeds and knowledge to plant your small backyard pharmacy. Use it whenever you are in pain, catch a cold, have fever, to keep a wound from getting infected, and so on.
BETTER HEALTH & BEYOND EDITORIAL TEAM
At Phillips Pharmacy Online our vision is to be an integral part in transforming the way that healthcare is delivered in Barbados & beyond. We are a group of passionate people working hard to make a big positive impact on the lives of people. We work with Doctors, Pharmacists, Pharmaceutical Suppliers and most importantly, with You, to improve the health of all.
Learn more at: https://phillipspharmacy.org
Call,Text or WhatsApp at (246) 232-9069.
Join us on
Check out our latest e-book offerings!
And visit our Online Store.
Disclaimer of Medical Advice:
You understand that the blog posts and comments to such blog posts (whether posted by us, our agents, or bloggers, or by users) do not constitute medical advice or recommendation of any kind, and you should not rely on any information contained in such posts or comments to replace consultations with your qualified health care professionals to meet your individual needs.